Saturday, January 30, 2010

Nothing Like The Classics

I've Been Slacking...


From the years of researching and discovering new designers I favored when it came to handbags, I always had my top 2 {one day when I make it} bags (we all have those, don't we?) the Chanel quilted bag & the Hermes Birkin Bag. Although, when it comes to the Birkin bag, Jason would never understand why we need to spend $10k on something like that... & as I discovered more designers the Birkin slowly moved down my list and I quickly got over wanting to have the bag that seemed to be the staple piece for a celebrity to buy when they were able to... not that I'm in that category, ha (and sadly, there are so many knock-offs when it comes to the Birkin, LV logo and Burberry I would just never be able to bring myself to buy one... (unless it was Burberry Porsum) ANYWAY . .
a few years ago when I saw the Mulberry Bayswater Bag I was immediately turned off because I thought it resembled the Hermes Birkin Bag, so then I became turned off to Mulberry UNTIL . .

My last two trips to London I slowly started to fall in love with Mulberry. Once I learned more about it and ventured out from the Bayswater.. I was hooked. So my latest obsession ... The Alexa in the Oak Soft Buffalo Leather. I LOVE classics and as much as I love color , there is nothing like a classic bag that will last forever. {even better that it's a mix between a men's briefcase & a women's handbag}



{Worn-in leather make my knees week}



And the one who inspired this great piece ..

Alexa Chung

No comments:

Post a Comment