Thursday, April 8, 2010

Wedding Season in Full Bloom

I've been preparing contracts, quotes, cad lay-outs & design boards since January and I'm tired of the office work & ready to start the physical aspect. Which is obviously my favorite part ! I'm always super nervous before the first job after it's been awhile but once I get one down I'll be in the zone.


Some of these pictures are a lot of the inspirations I'm using for this coming year. We're having an "enchanted forest" theme, which I'm most excited about I think. It's going to be spectacular and we're pushing the limits for this one. I feel like if I'm not pushing the limits, I'm not producing work I'd be proud of. I also threw in a few more pictures that I just love the idea of.

A simple table with a random assortment of lamps, lanterns_anything, hanging above I think just looks fantastic and something you can completely customize. Doing something unexpected under an open tree, like an assortment of crystal chandeliers (pref. old ones) for a small dinner party_so cute! Although I think these tables are mainly for inspiration purposes only_but I love ! You can totally get away with doing this indoors_just waiting for that perfect bride to come along.

As much as I love working in huge white tents, I do have to say I like the look of this rustic looking "hand-made" structure with some light drapery on top. Which really would be fun to do if I had a trellis in my backyard and I can just do this for a fun cook-out or something, but .... we're not gonna go there.

And the barn. Ugh. I think barns are amazing first of all. Barns with character and history, the old wooden structure and just bare insides. With these large beautiful drapes in the front_it's all that it needs.


My first job is in one week so stay tuned for pictures !

No comments:

Post a Comment