Sunday, March 21, 2010

Unknown Artists

Before the weather broke (well. . sort of) and my only option of exercising was on the treadmill, I made it a point to watch all the movies/documentaries/shows that Jason wouldn't necessarily be too thrilled to watch {I can only take advantage of his inability to say no so many times}. One of my favorites, I'd have to say, was Valentino:The Last Emperor.
Yes, he was an amazing artist and had a fantastic eye for beauty, but what I really get into when it comes to a designer; who is their seamstress? I am completely amazed by peoples ability when they can sew. . . I mean really sew; by hand is even better. Which is how Valentino is run. Completely by hand. I wish they showed more of the women who worked there and created these amazing dresses. It just fascinates me {which is why when at Matthew Williamson, any chance I had to be in the basement where the sewing floor was_that's where I was}









Why didn't I listen to my mom and become a seamstress? What a dying art; and the women who are capable; make.bank.


::it's never too late though, right?:

No comments:

Post a Comment