Sunday, February 28, 2010

{Shabby Chic} With Your Personal Touch

I am just completely obsessed with "shabby chic" & of course when you think of shabby chic.. you think of Rachel Ashwell. She has the most fantastic decorated homes.

'Shabby Chic ' calls for decorating one’s home with gently worn antique furnishings--or new tables, chairs, sofas, beds, bureaus, rugs, lamps, and other items reconstructed. I love finding items almost anywhere; in good or bad condition. The fun part is trying to picture them in that spot in your house, re-done just the way you want them. I love a house that feels lived in & something about the house being mis-matched but actually matching is what makes it feel like a home. I guess you can say I love the idea of "Shabby Chic" but done in our own style.
Once Jason and I remodeled our house for the first time, we decided instead of going out immediately to decorate and furnish our home.. we would do it slowly and eventually our house will be filled with our findings throughout the year. With a few exceptions of course_you can't really having a living room without immediately purchasing a couch... which I hate ... and we're working towards a new one.


I'm pretty sure I can get away with small accents of ruffles around the house without making it too girly_maybe in a way Jason will hardly even notice :) The bedskirt for sure... but this table linen. . not too sure but I do love this.
This color green around the doors is exactly what we had in mind. . it only took us three times before we got the color right.

I have some kind of fascination with vintage linens/throws . . anything lace, distressed .. & I guess you can say "old lady". I love fabrics.


So it seems lately, that Jason & I really love the "no cabinet" look_just straight up open shelves to hold dishes. Which could be easily done, but I'm almost positive our families would KILL us if we did this anytime soon. I mean . . we would only have to get rid of three cabinets... ? hah but yeah we know not yet. Ugh all these plans that I want to do right now.
We already have the farmhouse sink down . . so we're partially there. I've been on the hunt for new kitchen chairs actually. I really want either old mis-matched or distressed chairs that will go with our distressed kitchen table.

No comments:

Post a Comment