Thursday, February 25, 2010

Sacrifice Now {Play Later}


A wedding in Falls, which was the perfect setting for a backyard wedding {pic 1 &2}
The Alzheimer's Benefit at Rutter Ave with Wedding Planner Jan Sokolowski. This was a pretty interesting job. We were given an empty warehouse with... oh god I don't even know how high ceilings. I was allowed to use their scissor lift, which once I got the hang of , was so much fun and I feel my life would be so much easier if I had one to use at all times.
&of course the Platinum Ball at the Westmoreland Club.

Work has been insanely busy ever since I came home from my vacation in January... come to think of it.. where did January & February go?! It seems that everyone is getting married this coming year (I've also had a bride for 2011 & 2012!) which is insane.
Things started off pretty decent my first year and I had a hand full of jobs through-out the summer_but when I look at my schedule for this year my head starts spinning. It's overwhelming in so many ways but I'm really excited. I really love decorating events and weddings. The entire process just gives me this satisfying feeling . . even for my jobs that take me 6-7hrs a day for 5days or I only have 1day so I'm there for 10-12 hours. I love it. My favorite part .. well I guess I don't have just one but I do love going to the event space the night before to check out all the lights and make sure everything is in place and I just get to see this new atmosphere I created (with the help of my entire family & some good friends usually) and it's the most rewarding feeling. The reaction of the client is usually a favorite time also.
So c'mon winter. . let's get a move on here_I don't want to be stuck in the office much longer.

I'm really excited about a new approach we're taking when it comes to meeting clients and designing for them. Here's the start of a sample packet we'll be providing for our clients with what we can provide for them for their big event! I can't wait until this is off the ground.

We'll be providing Cad lay-outs of your event space, a virtual picture with some accents of the accessories you choose for your event (such as lighting, linen colors, dance floors and tent liners)


So this is why I feel I've had zero time for myself lately, but I've decided my main goal for now is to work really really hard for a few years, get this off the ground and moving and hopefully in 20-25 years I can start to relax... a little bit at least. I really look at my parents & I feel they had the right idea when they started their business & I'd like to be able to do the same one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment