Monday, November 15, 2010

Year #2 Comes To A Close

WOW! I can't believe my second year as an event decorator has come to an end.. . and I have to say I'm a bit relieved. It was an extremely busy season which I'm extremely grateful for.. . and also a tremendous learning experience ( which is also a good thing ) but it really beat me down so I'm ready to regroup myself and prepare for hopefully another successful year.
I had the opportunity to work with some pretty amazing people: Lindsay Landman . Dorian & Eloise from Central Park Flowers & Kristy Rice from Momental Designs. I am truly honored to have worked with these people whether it was on a small scale or large and hopefully I have the opportunity to do so again in the upcoming years.
I have so much to learn and hopefully I can grow my business to fit the vision I have for it.


As I'm sure it's going to progress every year, I took on a lot of jobs in an "unknown" world to me. Lighting ( which makes a tremendous difference to the atmosphere ), more jobs inside a ballroom which consisted of using some new techniques and just the pure fact of trying as hard as I could to not say no to a request.. or at least take that request and conform it to what can work. I can't say it was easy, but I'm glad it wasn't.. . and like I always say I'm not sure what I would do without Jason_we make a pretty great team in all aspects & I can't wait to take some next steps with him.

{ The Woodlands }
simple white draping with purple LED lighting



{ Bryn Mawr }
burgundy curtains ( sewn in-house) & hanging votives for some accent lighting








{ Friedman Farms }
we added purple LED lighting to the existing willow branches
I really loved the atmosphere of this wedding


So thank you to everyone who has contributed to this past season. I really appreciate the help, support and kind words and I hope to have some great upcoming years !

Maggie

No comments:

Post a Comment